MMI – Mastering Master Class with Donal Whelan & Gethin John – (3 Days) – “Early Bird Offer Fee” is Rs.10,000 + Tax Till 24th Post 25th Rs.16,000 + Tax.
(Lunch and High Tea Included)
Mastering Master Class-Gain a comprehensive and thorough Knowledge of Mastering Techniques. Learn How to Master the Art of Mastering from the Masters.Register Now
BMus, Tonmeister, Music and Sound Recording (2nd Class Honours), University of Surrey 27 years mastering (Chop em Out, London; Virgin Townhouse Studios, London; Hafod Mastering, Wales)
Credentials: Raees for Ram Sampath, Udta Punjab and Queen for Amit Trivedi, Neerja for Vishal Khurana, Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara for Shankar Ehsaan Loy
Donal non-film albums –Sonu Nigam, Kailash Kher, Taufiq Qureshi, Gulraj Singh and Thermal and a Quarter.
BSc, Music Systems Engineering (1st Class Honours), University of the West of England, 15 years music production, including 5 years associate lecturer (University of the West of England) 8 years mastering (Hafod Mastering, Wales)
Credentials: Lingaa for AR Rahman, MTV Unplugged for Amit Trivedi, and singles for Babul Supriyo, Mame Khan, Bharatt Saurabh and Nilesh Moharir.
Day 1 – Mastering basics
- What is mastering?
- Mastering session walk-through
- Monitoring/listening environment
- Metering – VU, dBfs, Peak:RMS
- Listening volumes – making good decisions, ear fatigue, hearing damage, protection
- References – stylistic, production, volume, tone
Day 2 – Audio processing
- Loudness and limiting
- Dynamics and compression
- Tone and equalization
- Analogue and digital
- International loudness standards,
- EQ – tonal shaping, corrective, surgical, phase shift, dynamic EQ, HPF
- Mid-side and multiband processing
- Stereo width & stereo processing
- Analogue and digital processing
Day 3 – Delivery
- Delivery platforms – musical considerations
- Delivery platforms – technical considerations
- Compilation – running order, levels, gaps, top & tail
- Delivery formats – CD masters, digital distribution
- Delivery resolution – MP3, high res, Mastered For iTunes
- Levelling algorithms on Youtube and streaming services
- Vinyl – joys and limitations
- Genre/audience specific mastering
*TERMS AND CONDITION
The Mumbai music Institute reserves the right to use a student’s name, likeness or creative works in brochures, advertising, the web, and any other promotional or educational purpose. All dates, locations, curriculum, are subject to change or cancel. As we restrict the number of students attending our workshops, we suggest early application.
NOTE: Once paid, the registration fee becomes non-refundable.